2021/2022 Jazz Band Audition Information
You may read about our 2021/2022 jazz program and find all necessary audition information for the 2021/2022 BRHS Jazz Bands by clicking here, or navigating to the BRHS Jazz Page above.
Jam Session - 11/15
Reed & Brass Auditions - 11/16
Rhythm Section Auditions 11/17
The first day of "auditions" is an open jam session featuring our jazz faculty member, Kevin Bene. Results will be posted in the band room and/or electronically at the conclusion of the audition process and qualifying band members will receive specific schedules and information thereafter.
2021/2022 CJMEA Region Band Audition Information
The 2021/2022 CJMEA Region Band Auditions are scheduled to occur on Saturday December 11th at JP Stevens HS. All BRHS Band students in grades 9-12 are eligible to audition and although it is an optional extra curricular experience, it is an experience that the band directors fully endorse for all willing students! You may read more about the region bands by navigating to the CJMEA website.
Please observe the following instructions if you are interested in supporting your child in this experience:
1. Purchase an original copy of your region solo piece for assigned instrument.
2. When students are ready to submit the audition application, please read everything in this student packet and follow the instructions to complete the online application. Please list Mr. Mossa's name when prompted to list the band director. Keep the confirmation email, then print and sign the signature page, and bring it to Mr. Mossa with $20 CASH no later than FRIDAY NOVEMBER 12.
3. If students are auditioning on more than one instrument, they must complete a separate application for each instrument and pay $20 per instrument.
4. Audition numbers and times will be communicated shortly before the date of auditions.
Students have been made aware that Mr. Mossa is available for weekly lessons by appointment for any and all students interested in extra help and/or audition preparation. Good luck to all auditionees!
Band COVID Protocol - Updated 9/13/21
There are no pre-screening actions to be taken on-site, but all band students should monitor health for COVID-19 symptoms and remain home if feeling ill regardless of vaccination status. If you expect to be absent from a co-curricular event due to feeling unwell, please email Mr. Mossa & Dr. Bourgault beforehand.
Outdoor rehearsal - Marching Band:
Masks are optional.
We are not expected to follow any outdoor distancing or time constraints, but be conscious about your company please.
No sharing of equipment.
Maintain good general hygiene - wash your hands, etc.
For wind players -- bell covers & playing masks are optional.
Indoor rehearsal - Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble and Marching Band when necessary due to weather and/or lighting:
Required masks for all when not playing wind instruments.
Required bell covers at all times while playing wind instruments.
Minimum 3-Feet distancing.
Maintain good general hygiene - wash your hands, etc.
2021 BRHS Marching Band
The BRHS Marching Band is nearing the home stretch of the season. The students have worked so hard over the past few months and are now enjoying the results of that work with truly terrific performances at the end of our rehearsals and at our few remaining shows. Don't miss out on the chance to see the band before our season's end!
Click here to view our plans for the week ahead.
The band will be practicing this week on Tuesday 10/19 and Thursday 10/21 from 6 - 9pm.
The band will accompany the Varsity Football Team to their away game at Elizabeth HS on Friday 10/22.
Saturday will be the marching band's fourth and penultimate competition at Old Bridge HS - our performance time is 4:15 and awards will immediately follow. The band will not stay for the second half of the show and will return home around 6:30.
Marching Band Travel Procedures & Reminders:
- Black cloth masks (distributed to all members on Tuesday 8/31) must be worn on buses 100% of the time and when directed by staff/chaperones elsewhere during our travels.
- Students must bring at least one water bottle and their water bottle carriers with them to football games (this will allow us to avoid the shared gatorade-squirt-bottles. Extra water bottles may be provided, but please plan to bring at least one for yourself.)
- We will always travel in "2's". Students may not venture away from the group on their own at any point in time. This is our version of the buddy system and helps everyone remain accounted for and professional during our travels.
- All students will travel together on the buses to and from our trips.
- Uniform Inspection, conducted immediately before any bus travel, is the procedure by which we ensure every student has everything they need for the performance at hand. With that said...please make sure to plan ahead and double check that all instruments, accessories/equipment, and uniform parts are where they should be!
- At away games, we will watch and applaud the home band during halftime and then enjoy a snack break during the third quarter (provided by the BRHS BPA and/or the home band's parent association). Students should arrive before away games having already eaten a dinner meal - we will not be visiting concession stands at football games unless otherwise specified.
- We estimate our return time depending on the length of the games/competitions and distance traveled, but students will be told when we are about 15 minutes away from returning to the school so that rides can be arranged with enough notice. Please plan to pick up students promptly upon returning to the school and please do not line up cars in front of the band room red doors so that the buses have a place to park and unload the students and their equipment. Thank you!
- Interested in chaperoning? Contact the BPA via email and keep an eye out for the Sign Up Genius link! Spots are filling up quick!
Click here to see all the current fundraisers that support the band.
Marching Band Activity Fee
The students of the marching band are asked to pay an activity fee per district rules. Please review the information on the BRHS website for details.
Calendar of Events
The calendar below reflects the most up-to-date changes in rehearsals, performances, and meetings for all entities of the BRHS Band Program. Be sure to check it before you leave home!